Welcome to the Damsel in a Dress website.
www.damselinadress.co.uk (the "Site") is a website is owned and operated by Damsel in a Dress Limited, a company registered in England with company number 07058827. Damsel in a Dress's registered office is 16 Kings Exchange, Tileyard Road, London, N7 9AH. Our VAT number is GB992192000.
These terms and conditions together with the documents referred to in them apply to your use of the Site and any resulting purchases that you may make through our Site or mail order service. You are deemed to accept these terms and conditions by continuing to use our Site and/or making a purchase.
If you are interested in purchasing from us on a wholesale basis or in bulk please contact us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and any such change will be effective to all new orders once included in the text of the terms and conditions and published on the Site. Any such change will, in addition to being published on the Site, [be notified to you by email, where appropriate].
Our Site is only intended for use by people resident in the Great Britain (including England, Wales, Scotland, the Channel Islands and Northern Island), the Republic of Ireland and Europe (“Serviced Countries”). We do not accept orders through the Site from persons outside of those areas, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a potential purchase if you are based outside the Serviced Countries.
Copyright and trade marks
All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this Site are the copyright of Damsel in a Dress Limited and its affiliates or their content technology providers. All rights are reserved.
Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of the Site for the sole purpose of placing an order with us or using the Site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this Site, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication, without out prior written permission, is strictly prohibited.
All brand names, product names and titles used in the Site are trade marks or trade names of Damsel in a Dress or our suppliers. No permission is given in respect of the use of any of these names or titles and moreover any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
By placing an order through our Site, you warrant that:
1. You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
2. Your are at least 18 years old;
3. You are resident in and accessing the Site from one of the Serviced Countries.
Our Promise to you
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products but definition and colour accuracy will depend on a number of issues including your computer display settings.
All sizes and measurements are approximate.
All products are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if any products you have ordered are not available.
Placing an Order
You place an order with us by completing the following process:
1. Add product to your shopping basket
2. New customers please create an account
3. Existing customers log into your account
4. Enter your card details
5. Submitting your order
Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy the products specified in your order. On receipt of your order, we will send you an Order Confirmation email to the email address which you have provided to us. This email will contain your order number and details of the goods ordered. Note that this email is only to acknowledge that your order has been received, and is not acceptance by us of any offers to purchase goods. All orders are subject to acceptance by us and we will confirm such acceptance by sending to you an Order Dispatch email (including details of the products ordered [and a VAT invoice] and taking payment from your credit/debit card when the goods are being prepared for dispatch. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Order Dispatch Email, whether or not you receive such email.
If we do not take payment in full from your credit/debit card we cannot accept your order.
We reserve the right to refuse any order prior to our acceptance.
All prices and charges on the Site are in UK pounds sterling. All prices shown on the Site are inclusive of UK VAT (but do not include delivery charges). Prices are correct at the date of order only and relate to orders places via the Site only in accordance with the terms and conditions relating to the sale of goods. Delivery charges may apply and these will be displayed in the order process.
Delivery prices depend on your location. We deliver by Royal Mail to addresses in Great Britain which includes England, Wales, Scotland, Channel Islands and Northern Island with a standard delivery charge of £5.95.We delivery by UPS to addresses in the Republic of Ireland, Europe and the Rest of the world. The Republic of Ireland has a standard delivery charge of £9.95, Europe with a standard delivery charge of £15.95 and the Rest of the World with a standard delivery charge of £19.95. For orders in the UK over £150.00 delivery is free.
Generally if you place your order before midday we aim to process your order the very same day. If it’s after midday then we aim to process your the following day unless it is a Friday afternoon or a weekend in which case it won’t be processed until Monday at the earliest.
Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Order Dispatch email or, if no delivery date is specified, then within a reasonable time of the date of the Order Dispatch email, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
For delivery within Great Britain we aim to deliver your order within 1 - 5 working days of the Order Dispatch Email depending on the type of postage selected. For deliveries in Europe we aim to deliver your order in 1 - 3 working days of the Order Dispatch Email. And the Rest of the World will depend on location but we still aim to deliver your order within 2 - 5 working days of the Order Dispatch Email.
We do not deliver to PO Box addresses.
We hope that you will be delighted with your purchases however should you wish to return anything purchased from the Site we will be happy to refund an item, provided it is returned to us in a fully re-saleable condition and provided that you notify us by email of your desire to return the product within:
28 days of receipt in the case of full price items; or
10 days or 7 working days (whichever is longer) of receipt in the case of discounted sale items.
All purchases must be returned in original condition, unmarked & in their original packaging.
If you consider there to be a shortage in your order please contact us within 14 days of receipt of your order so that we can rectify your order appropriately.
If you return the part or all of your order we will not refund the delivery charge as this part of our service to you has been completed.
Once the products are back at our warehouse and we have had an opportunity to inspect them to check that they are in resalable conditions then we process the refund in respect of the price of the product, excluding any delivery charges as soon as possible and in any case within 5 working days of us receiving the product in our warehouse. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products while they are in your possession.
If you contact us outside of the applicable period set out above and the products are not defective then we may at our discretion accept a return of the products, however you may not receive a full credit in respect of the price you paid for the products and your refund may be by way of a credit note.
If you consider a product to be defective, damaged or faulty prior to use please contact us as soon as possible after receipt of your products. Once the products are back at our warehouse and we have had an opportunity to inspect them we will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund for the defective product. Products returned by you in accordance with the above which have a verifiable defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you.
We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
In the cases of incorrect, damaged or faulty goods, if we agree to send you a replacement product, the delivery charge for a replacement to be sent out will not be charged.
- To return an item you must return them in their original packaging with all their tickets and labels attached.
- All products purchased from the Site must be returned to our warehouse using the Freepost Returns address supplied to you with your order and be in pristine condition with their original wrapping and box.
- Tear off the bottom section of the Dispatch Note, received with the goods, and affix to the front of your parcel.
- Take the parcel to the Post Office. You will be issued with a receipt, which should be retained until the refund is processed.
- Please allow up to 10 working days for the Royal Mail to deliver your parcel back to our warehouse, your return will then be [usually] processed within 5 working days.
Please note that purchases made from the Site can only be returned by post directly to us. They cannot be exchanged or refunded at any sale outlet store or concession which includes John Lewis, Fenwick's and other small independent retailers. This is also the case with online sales outlets Brand Alley and Ebay.
We cannot accept returns for products purchased otherwise than via the Site. Please contact the store or website where you purchased the goods.
Cancelling an Order
If you would like to cancel your order before you have received the goods please contact us as soon as possible on by e-mail so that we can attempt to stop delivery. If your order has already been dispatched we may charge you for the delivery.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
We warrant to you that any product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied.
Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the product you purchased.
This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us, including but not limited to loss of anticipated savings provided that this shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property that fall within the terms at bullet points 1 and 2 above or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of categories bullet point 4 above.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes or lock outs or other industrial action which affect third parties (for example as Royal Mail or other courier or delivery services).
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
Our performance under is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
If any of these terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
At Damsel in a Dress we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and we comply with the data protection law
s applicable to the UK. This policy outlines how your personal information is treated and forms part of our terms and conditions. Please read the following carefully to understand our views practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Damsel in a Dress Limited (Company Number 07058827) of 16 Kings Exchange, Tileyard Road, London, N7 9AH.
If our business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisors and any prospective purchasers and their advisors and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filing in forms on our site www.damselinadress.co.uk or placing an order over the phone. [This includes your personal contact details such as name, address, telephone numbers and email address]
Information provided by you at the time of making an e-mail enquiry or subscribing to our e-mail newsletter. We may also ask you for information when report a problem with our site. Generally if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for market research purposes and will keep a record of your responses, although you do not have to respond to such surveys.
- Details of enquiry you make through our site and of the fulfilment of your resulting orders.
- Details of your transactions on the Site or by telephone and of the fulfilment of your resulting orders.
- Details of your visits to your site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communications data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information to assist in the operation of our services including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.]
- Billing information, credit card and debit card numbers and expiration dates.
- What information do we hold about you?
- We may receive information about you directly from you when you submit information to us through our Site (for example by filling in forms on the Site or indicating that you would like to join our mailing list). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- We may hold Payment Information however any credit card or debit card information that you provide through the Site is directly submitted to a payment server of a credit card processing bank. We do not maintain electronic or physical copies of your credit card information.
- If you contact us by telephone or in writing, we may keep a record of that correspondence or phone call.
- In addition, we may receive your personal information from our direct marketing activities.
- We may monitor or record communications with us in which you take part:
- to assist us with the development of our services;
- to train our staff;
- if so requested by order of the Court, regulatory body or law enforcement organisation.
How do we use your information?
- We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To administer and maintain our records, to verify your identity and to respond to any query that you may raise with us.
- We reserve the right to send all customers of our services email communications from time to time regarding updates and changes to our services and any technical, administrative and legal notices important to our website which we consider essential.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any orders you place with us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you [by email], where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on area of our Site where we collect your data or on the enquiry form, [or adjust the settings of your membership in the [“My Account”] area of the website <<hyperlink>>]. If you prefer you may on or write to us at the address below.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so. To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to which you have consented to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post and telephone. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on area of our Site where we collect your data or on the enquiry form, [or adjust the settings of your membership in the [“My Account”] area of the website <<hyperlink>>]. If you prefer you may on or write to us at the address below.
- Your information may be used by us for the purpose of research and statistical analysis and internal customer service monitoring.
- We may disclose information to a Court, regulatory body or law enforcement agency.
- [We will share your Payment Information with banks in order to enable transactions to be completed.]
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1) we may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
The period of use of the personal data supplied by you will not be longer than we deem necessary but may, be unlimited.
Keeping information up to date and secure
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or other contact details or if you wish to cancel your registration with us, please let us know the correct details by sending an email or writing to us at the address below.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information [and Payment Information]. We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the data and the harm that might result from a breach of security. However, all publicly accessible websites are susceptible to malicious practices, and we accept no liability if security is breached.
You may have certain rights under the Data Protection Act in relation to the information that we hold about you. These rights include the rights set out below:
- You are entitled to have access to your personal data. You may request by writing to us (at the address given below), details of your information which we hold and the purposes for which it is held. We will provide this information within 40 days of your request, subject to any routine processing continuing between that time and the time of response. You may be charged a reasonable fee (as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998) for this information.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- You are entitled to require us to ensure that no decision taken by or on behalf of us and which significantly affects you is based solely on the automated processing of your information, for the purpose of evaluating such matters as, for example, your creditworthiness, reliability or conduct.
- You are entitled to require a correction of errors in the personal information held about you. If we disagree that information is inaccurate you are entitled to apply to ask the court for an order that such erroneous information be rectified, blocked, destroyed, or erased.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibilities or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Technical issues or to report a website error, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org